How To Cook Asparagus? The Best Recipes You Should Try
Green and fresh asparagus are loved in every part of the world. Asparagus is versatile in nature and is easy to cook. You can steam, simmer, roast or sauté it. Enjoy yummy tandoori food from asparagus.
How to Cook Asparagus?
There are various steps you should consider when cooking Asparagus; let me discuss the entire process with you all, step-by-step:
- Buying Correct Asparagus
Always look for firm and bright green spears. Pick tight asparagus. Tight asparagus tastes better and is easy to cook. Select asparagus that is uniform in shape as they are best for cooking.
- Cleaning & Storage
If the bottom ends of asparagus are thick, then peel the outer layer. Wash asparagus thoroughly. Try to eat it after a day, or you can store it. Wrap them in damp paper towel and put in a plastic bag. Don’t store them for more than three days.
- Ways of Cooking
- Blanched: While cooking asparagus, tie them into bundles. Put individual spears or bundles into boiling water. Cover and allow it to cook for five minutes. Drain the water out and put them into cold water.
- Steamed: Place these spears in the steaming basket with little water. Cook for three minutes. Take them out and enjoy crispy asparagus.
- Griddled: Take asparagus, drizzle some olive oil and griddled them in a pan. If you love barbecue, then coat asparagus with oil and cook on a medium heat.
- Roasted: Asparagus can also be roasted, making it have a fresh sweet taste. Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius. Put asparagus on the tray; spray some olive oil, salt, and pepper on them. If you want you can also add cloves, garlic, and lemon. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Simmered: If you don’t have a streamer, simmered is the best way to cook asparagus. You can cook asparagus in boiled water for 2-4 minutes. Remove excess water and tie bundle with twine.
Recipes that You Can Enjoy including Asparagus
- Asparagus Soup and Creamy Potatoes
The main ingredients are Asparagus- 1.5 pounds, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper, one ¼ pound potato. Also, take a can of evaporated milk, water, six slices of bacon and one tablespoon of honey.
- Separate 1/3 of asparagus. Mix the remaining asparagus with potatoes and evaporated milk.
- Add salt and black pepper. Mix them in the pan.
- Add water and allow it to boil.
- Cover the pan and cook till the potato becomes soft and tender.
- Remove it from pan. After it has cooled, run it in a food processor or blend.
- In another pan, cook bacon to make them crisp.
- To the separated asparagus, add bacon drippings to skillet.
- Cook them so that they become crunchy and crispy.
- Drizzle bacon with honey. Put bacon in the oven for 30 seconds.
- Serve it with asparagus and enjoy with your family.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
The main ingredients are ¾ lb. prosciutto, 1 lb. asparagus and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Slice woody ends of the asparagus. Peel the outer layer.
- Take prosciutto and slice it.
- Wrap sliced prosciutto tightly around asparagus. Cover the whole asparagus.
- Repeat the process with other spears as well.
- Take non-stick skillet and coat with olive oil.
- Place wrapped asparagus and cook
- Flip the side and allow it to cook from all sides.
- Allow it to become from and crispy.
- After 203 minutes, it is ready to eat.
- Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Linguine
The main ingredients are 300 g linguine pasta, 12 asparaguses, ¾ cream, four tablespoons of chopped chives and 200 g of smoked salmon cut into pieces.
- Place asparagus in a dish with water. Cover and microwave it for 2 minutes. Cut asparagus into pieces.
- Cook chives and cream in a frying pan and allow it to simmer.
- Add salmon and asparagus
- Fold this sauce with pasta. Serve the dish with salad.
- Asparagus, Pear and Baby Beetroot Salad
The main ingredients are one bunch of trimmed asparagus, two pears, 100 g rocket leaves, and 425 g of beetroots. Also, take two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of red wine vinegar and ½ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Put them in cool water with rice.
- Slice asparagus in half lengthwise.
- Toss sliced asparagus with pears and rocket leaves. Serve them with beetroots.
- Drizzle olive oil, vinegar and sprinkle cheese and pepper.
- Asparagus and Camembert Mini Pastries
The main ingredients are three sheets of pastry thawed, 215 g canned asparagus, 250 g of camembert, ½ cup of cream and egg.
- Oil 2 by 12 muffin pans.
- Cut puff pastry. Place asparagus in pie shell topped with cheese.
- Mix egg, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over asparagus and cheese.
- Bake a 190 degree Celsius for 25 minutes.
All these recipes are every easy to prepare. I recommend you to try them as they are healthy, tasty and nutritious.
Latest posts by Emily Taylor (see all)
- How To Cook Asparagus? The Best Recipes You Should Try - August 14, 2017