Rohu Fish Masala Recipe | How To Make Rohu Masala With Curd
Rohu fish is among the most popular fresh water fishes that are relished in almost every part of India. Bengali cuisine is known for its delicious fish preparations made mostly with Rohu fish, Hilsa fish etc., Bengalis love their Rui Macchh.
Rohu or Carp fish is enjoyed equally in every state of India and each state has its own special recipe to cook this delicious fish. Fish Curries and Fish Fries are the staples, but there are other recipes of fish like Fish Masala are gaining popularity nowadays.
Rohu Fish Masala Recipe is a simple recipe which can be enjoyed with Chapati and Tandoori Roti, a fish masala is basically a thicker version of Fish Curry. A Fish Masala is a modified version of fish curry which is more like a restaurant style recipe.
This recipe of Fish Masala can be made with Rohu, Katla and Surmai fish. I am using a small amount of curd also in this recipe which makes the masala even thicker.
- Rohu Fish - 5-6 pieces
- For Frying The Fish
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
- Salt per taste
- Wheat Flour 2 tsp
- For Fish Masala Gravy
- Onion Finely Chopped- 2 Medium Sized
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tablespoons
- Homemade Fish Masala Powder 2 tsp (or Eastern Fish Masala Powder)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt 3 tablespoons (whisked)
- Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil ( I use Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil)
- Green Chillies 2
- Fresh Green Coriander (Cilantro)
- Marinate The Fish
- Add Lemon Juice, Turmeric Powder and salt to the fish pieces. Let sit for half an hour or atleast 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once the oil is hot ass the fish pieces and put the flame in medium heat
- fry the fish well from both sides, transfer to a plate / bowl lines with paper towel and keep aside.
- Prepare The Gravy
- Add oil in a pan and fry the onions in it, till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute, when the raw smell of ginger and garlic paste is gone add the powdered slices