Dahi Wale Aloo Recipe | Potatoes in Curd Gravy / Dahi Ke Aloo
Summer is here and we all are looking for cooling soothing recipes Curd / Yogurt or Dahi is one of the most loved ingredient for making summer cool recipes for main course. In my house Dahi Wale Aloo, Kadhi and Raw Mango Dal (Khatti Dal) is a summer staple. We relish these wonderful dishes with plain rice.
Some of the common recipes that we make with curd in India are Raita, Dahi Besan Kadhi, Lassi, dahi bade and many more, today’s special recipe is Dahi wale aloo which I am sharing. This recipe is my favorite because it is not very spicy and its perfect for summer.
Dahi wale aloo can be made with different recipes some recipes are heavy on spices whereas others are mild and subtle.
This recipe that I am making today is very easy and simple recipe of Dahi Ke Aloo
It’s has very unique taste this recipe does not require a lot of spices and is quite refreshing.
How to make Dahi Wale Aloo / Dahi Ke Aaloo Easy Recipe
Boil the Potatoes and Dice them
Whisk the curd
Ingredients For Dahi Wale Aloo
- 3 Medium size potatoes boiled and diced
- 250 grams Curd / Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon spoon mustard seeds
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- Finely chopped Ginger 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 small sized onion finely chopped
- Green coriander for garnish
Method For Making Potatoes in Curd
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds and let them splatter
- Add chopped curry leaves green chillies for few seconds
- Add chopped onions and Ginger
- Try till onions become and pink
- Add diced potatoes
- Turmeric powder simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Turn off the heat
- Whisked curd and added to the pan make sure that the pan is not too hot if you put curd in very hot pan it will split (add little water if the yogurt is too thick)
- Turn on the heat in lo flame
- Keep stirring the curd for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Turn the heat off and add fresh green Coriander
Things To Consider
Boil the potatoes well because we wont be allowing any cooking time for the potatoes with the curd.
You can also saute the potatoes with little Turmeric and Salt before adding it the Gravy
To avoid splitting of Curd bring down the temperature of the pan before adding the curd. If you still cant get it right you may turn the heat off, wait for 5 minutes and then add the Yogurt. Simmer for 5 minutes while continuously stirring and you shall be done.
Delicious summer delight Dahi Wale Aloo i.e Yogurt Potato gravy is ready to be served. If you have a variant of this recipe do share it with me in the comment section.
Latest posts by Karishma Schneider (see all)
- Bharwa Mirchi Fry With Besan Stuffing (Stuffed Green Chillies) Bharli Mirchi - August 29, 2019
- Rohu Fish Masala Recipe | How To Make Rohu Masala With Curd - August 26, 2019
- Easy Chicken Curry Recipe For Beginners / Bachelors Indian Style - June 13, 2019