Potato Fried Rice With Leftover Rice
Food wastage is one thing that should always be avoided, but its equally inevitable to prevent leftovers. So what to do with leftovers, well you can either reheat and eat it or you can let the creative chef in you take over. If you choose to do the latter I have a recipe.
This recipe is not just a recipe but its a recipe Idea in true sense. If you have been wondering what to do with the rice that’s been sitting in your fridge, leftover from previous day’s meal you can just try this recipe, and once you do this recipe Im sure the ideas will start flowing in.
How to Transform the Boring leftover Rice into Delicious Potato Fried Rice
White boiled rice can be used to make some mouthwatering fried rice recipes, both Indian and Chinese style fried Rice can be prepared with leftover rice.
Try this easy recipe of Potato Fried Rice for breakfast, it is also a very good option of Lunchbox Recipes
This potato fried rice can be served in breakfast or can be packed in lunchbox. This recipe will save you from eating that boring leftover rice by transforming it to a yummy fresh dish.
- Precooked Rice 1 bowl
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies 2-3
- Onion 2 medium Sized (thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes 2 Large
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes 2 Medium Sized
- Oil For Frying
- Green Coriander
- Heat Oil in a pan
- Add Mustard Seeds and cumin seeds
- Allow them to crackle
- Add chopped green chillies
- Fry it
- Bung In the thinly sliced onion
- Fry the onion for just 2-3 minutes and then add the potatoes
- Add Salt to season the potatoes, don't add all the salt at once, first add only to season the potatoes then later on add for rice.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes
- Open after 5 minutes and stir, then add tomatoes and turmeric powder
- Cover and cook till tomatoes become soft and potatoes cook
- Open the lid and add red chilly powder, green coriander and salt
- Finally Add the Rice
- Stir and fry the rice very well
- Once fried remove from heat
- Garnish with some freshly chopped green coriander and Serve hot