Besan Cheela Recipe | Indian breakfast Chilla
Besan cheela is a delicious recipe that can be prepared without much ado, it is also referred as vegetarian’s omelette. Besan is a Gluten free flour, so if you are on a No- gluten diet, besan cheela is for you.
This chilla recipe uses Semolina (Sooji) so this isn’t a Gluten free cheela but you can eliminate semolina from the recipe to make it Gluten Free.
Cheela or Chilla is a popular breakfast recipe and is prepared withh different combination of veggies and flour. This is a very simple Besan Cheela with basic ingredients.
Try this delicious chilla and share your experience in the comment section
Easy Besan Sooji Cheela Recipe
- Gram Flour (Besan) 1 cup
- Semolina (Sooji) 1/4 cup
- Onion 1 small finely chopped
- Coriander finely chopped a handful
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 /2 tsp
- Green Chillies 3-4 finely chopped
- oil for greasing
- Salt to Taste
- Step 1 - Prepare the Batter
- 1. Take besan in a mixing bowl
- 2. Add semolina and some water, mix and break the lumps(add less water so that the batter is thick and you can break the lumps)
- 3. Once a thick batter is formed and you have got rid of all the lumps add Turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and carom seeds.
- 4. Now add 1/2 cup of water and mix everything well
- 5. Let it sit for 10 minutes so that the semolina absorbs water, after 10 minutes the batter will thicken as semolina will absorb the moisture.
- 6. Now add the onions, coriander leaves and green chillies and water.
- 7. Combine the batter to attain pouring consistency (you should be able to pour the batter but it need not be runny)
- Step -2 Make the Cheela
- 1. Heat a Tawa
- 2. Grease it with some oil
- 3. Pour the batter with the help of a ladle and spread it in circular motion
- 4. Let it cook from one side, once the upper surface of the cheela sets its ready to be flipped
- 5. Pour in few drops of oil and cook the Cheela very well from both sides
- 6. Once done, remove it off the heat
- 7. Serve hot with green chutney or Ketchup
Latest posts by Karishma Schneider (see all)
- Easy Chicken Curry Recipe For Beginners / Bachelors Indian Style - June 13, 2019
- Fish Egg Bhurji Recipe | Indian Style Scrambled Fish Egg Recipe - June 14, 2018
- Dahi Wale Aloo Recipe | Potatoes in Curd Gravy / Dahi Ke Aloo - April 14, 2018