Paalak Khichdi Recipe For Babies : Indian baby Food Recipe
Spinach is certainly among the most recommended veggies for kids. Unfortunately it is very difficult for any mother to get their kids like and eat spinach. The solution to this is simple, you need to help your child acquire the taste of Spinach. If your kiddo is a toddler who is just getting introduced to veggies the job will be easier. For growing kids, spinach dishes like Spinach Omelette tend to do the magic.
Khichdi is a kind of pish pash prepared with lentil and rice, it is very common in India as it belongs here. Khichdi is one food that almost all the adults in India have had as their first food while they were being weaned off in their toddler-hood.
This recipe of Paalak Khichdi (spinach pish pash) is a perfect baby food for those munchkins who are learning to eat. A spicier version of this recipe can be made by adding some more ingredients and can be enjoyed by everyone.
Spinach khichdi is a hearty one pot meal for babies and is fuss free as you can make it in a pressure cooker.
Easy Recipe Of Palak Khichdi For Baby
Paalak khichdi is a perfect one pot meal for babies it is nutritious as it has Carbohydrates to provide energy, Protein from lentils and the goodness of spinach, all cooked in one pot thus saving the most precious things of contemporary times i.e Time and Energy. Spinach Khichdi is very a basic and easiest Indian baby food recipe.
- Spinach Leaves : A handfull
- Moong Daal : 1/4th cup
- Rice : 4 tablespoons
- Garlic pods : 4
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt : According to Taste
- Oil :1 tablespoon
- Wash the spinach leaves and chop them roughly
- Wash the Moong Dal and Rice
- Mince the Garlic
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker
- Add the chopped garlic
- Fry the garlic till it become light brown
- Add chopped Paalak leaves, give it a stir and add salt
- When the Paalak releases water add the mix of Rice and Dal
- Add Turmeric powder and fry in low heat for about a minute
- Add water, about 3 times of the total quantity of Rice-Dal mix
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and cook in low heat till 2 whistles.
- Once done, open the pressure cooker and blend the khichdi (if required)
- Dish out in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp of Ghee (clarified Butter).
- Yummy healthy meal for your little baby is ready.
Palak Khichdi is a healthy and very practical recipe for babies, the texture of the khichdi can be adjusted as per the age of the baby ( thin and smooth for babies below 10 months). If you are serving this Khichdi to baby below 9 months you can eliminate chillies from the recipe and blend the khichdi with a hand blender.
Apart from the nutrition part, Paalak Khichdi has one more benefit, when you start feeding it to your baby right from the beginning and then they tend to acquire the taste of Spinach. As the babies grow they can be introduced to several other dishes made with Spinach like Spinach Quiche, spinach omelette and many more.
Go ahead and try this recipe of Palak Khichdi for baby and let me know how it turned out for your little munchkin.
Latest posts by Karishma Schneider (see all)
- Bharwa Mirchi Fry With Besan Stuffing (Stuffed Green Chillies) Bharli Mirchi - August 29, 2019
- Rohu Fish Masala Recipe | How To Make Rohu Masala With Curd - August 26, 2019
- Easy Chicken Curry Recipe For Beginners / Bachelors Indian Style - June 13, 2019