Spinach Omelette with Cheese Yummy Green Omelette | Homespun Recipes
Palak is what Spinach is called in India. Some of the most common and popular dishes made with Spinach in India are Daal Palak, Palak Aloo, Palak Paneer are a regular in Indian Kitchen. If you have to ask me I have not seen Spinach Omelette being cooked in many Indian homes. In my own example, I was introduced to spinach Omelette after I became a mommy. While searching for recipe idea to incorporate spinach in my baby’s diet I stumbled upon this dish. Spinach Omelette with Cheese is a big hit in my house, both my kiddos love relishing this green omelette.
Spinach Omelette with Cheese is a very earthy omelette made with few ingredients in just under 10 minutes. Its a perfect breakfast recipe for both adults and kids.You can use Feta cheese, Processed cheese, Parmisan cheese or Cheddar cheese .
Adding minced garlic enhances the flavors of the omelette. In Indian cuisine, most of the dishes using Spinach also use garlic. Increse tjhe quantity of cheese if you are serving it to your fastidious kid. Kids love cheese and slightly overpowering the taste of Spinach with cheese will do the trick. Palak khichdi is one more recipe that you can use as the weaning dish for a baby.
In the UK mushroom and grilled tomatoes are also added to the Spinach Omelette.
To make Spinach Omelette with Cheese you don’t need any special culinary skills just keep these few points in mind and you shall be through.
Do not whisk the egg too much, You just need to beat the egg in order to mix the yolk and white and the spices.
Tilt the skillet or pan to spread the egg mixture evenly, this way your omelette will cook evenly and will have even thickness all over.
Do not add cheese that has the tendency to melt and stick (on the pan) in the mixture, For eg. if you are using cheddar cheese you can add it to the egg mixture itself, If you are using Mozarella or Parmisan top up your omelette with cheese after you cook it well from both the sides. When the omelette is almost done add a layer of cheese on top and cover the pan for few seconds.
How much you want to cook your omelette is totally your choice. If you want your spinach omelette to be slightly brown with those crisp edges, give it an extra minute on the pan.
The best garnish known to me to compliment the green spinach and cheese omelette is Red chilli flakes. They bring that zing to the omelette and enhance the look as well.
How to Make Spinach And Cheese Omelet | Easy Recipe
Preparation For Making Spinach Omelette with Cheese
Grab the ingredients
- Wash the spinach, drain the water and chop it up
- Grate the cheese
Grab the utensils
- A skillet or pan with lid
- broad Spatula / Turner
- Mixing bowl
- Spinach chopped-1 cup
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Cheese
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil 1 tbsp
- Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Minced Garlic 1/2 tsp
- Take 2 whole Eggs in a mixing bowl
- Add paprika, black pepper powder and salt
- Add grated cheese
- Whisk the Egg, add 1 tbs of milk if you prefer soft fluffy omelette
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan, add minced Garlic and saute
- Add the spinach and a pinch of salt.
- Saute the spinach till it becomes soft and acquires dark green color.
- Once done, let the spinach cool down to room temperature.
- Fold in the spinach into the Egg mixture and mix it well.
- Now in the same pan heat 1 tbs oil, pour in the Egg, Spinach and cheese mixture.
- Cook the omelet on one side till the Egg sets.
- With the help of a spatula / Turner flip the omelette and cook the other side as well.
- Once the omelette is done, carefully slide into a plate and garnish with red chilli flakes.
That it! You have a delicious green omelette on your plate just grab a toasted bread and you are sorted with a breakfast that will keep you full for long.
Loved this Cheesy Garlicky Spinach omelet recipe ? Then you must try this easy peasy Spanish Omelet Recipe as well.